Scholarship Application Process
- Documented financial need
- Permanent residence in Tulsa, Creek, Osage, Okmulgee, Pawnee, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington Counties
- Students must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale upon submission of their application
- ACT or SAT scores
- Letter(s) of acceptance from the college or university of choice
- A well-defined motivation to pursue higher education
Online Submission Process
- You must have the digitally completed Application form and have a digital version of ALL required documents before you start your online submission.
- You will not be able to complete the online submission process without attaching all the required documents.
- You must provide a valid email account for the online application process.
- Download and save the form to your computer using the “Download Application” button below
- Digitally complete the form and digitally sign using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ if not installed on your computer.
- Consult the Application Checklist included in the Application form to identify all the required documents. You must have a digital copy of all these documents prior to submission.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button below to start your online submission process. Follow the instructions provided online once you have started the process. You must complete all the steps and submit all documents.
- You will receive an email confirmation to the email account you provide during the submission process to confirm that you have successfully completed the online application process.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL eligible applications must be submitted and received between FEBRUARY 1, 2024 and MARCH 15, 2024 by 5pm.
Contact us by clicking on the “Contact Us” button above or email us at email@example.com in case you do not receive the confirmation email within one hour of your submission.
Manual Submission Process
- The Application form is available using the “Download Application” button below
- Consult the Application Checklist and Scholarship Application Process posted on this website prior to submission
- Email the COMPLETED application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating scholarship preference (General or Anna Goodwin Benn Memorial)
- All application emails MUST include the completed application form and all documents listed under the Checklist below
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL eligible applications must be received via email between FEBRUARY 1, 2024 and MARCH 15, 2024 by 5pm
- A Completed 2024 Scholarship Application
- Official high school transcript demonstrating a 3.5 GPA on 4.0 scale – weighted or unweighted
- Personal Photo – Color headshot preferable
- 750 Word Essay attesting to applicant’s merit and qualifications
- Three Reference Letters (non-relatives) – must include applicant’s name
- Official High School Transcript – must include SAT or ACT Scores
- Copy of College Acceptance Letter(s)
- Complete Copy of Parent’s or Guardian’s 2023 Income Tax Return – (Usually 1040 or 1040A forms)
- Complete Copy of Applicant’s 2023 Income Tax Return – if applicant was employed (Usually 1040 or 1040A forms)
- Copy of ALL W2 Forms (if taxes were self-prepared)
- Copies of ALL related income tax return schedules
- Signature of parent(s) or guardian(s) on ALL income tax forms
- Tax preparer’s signature on income tax forms and name of his/her firm (if professionally prepared)
All submitted applications are thoroughly reviewed with the semifinalists being identified for a personal interview with the Foundation’s Board of Directors who will determine that year’s recipients. Students selected as Simon Estes Scholars may attend any accredited college or university of their choice on a full-time basis, without restriction to course of study. There is no requirement to major in music.
For Students Pursuing Law Degree
Anna was a member of the Foundation’s Scholar Selection Committee which is responsible for reviewing submitted applications. This scholarship is named in her honor because of her zealous commitment to supporting educational opportunities for the youth in Tulsa.